Have a spare room in your home? Has it become a junk room? Is it empty? Are you at a loss as to what to use it for? Don’t waste the space! Get creative! This extra room is a gold mine! There is so much you can do with a spare room.
At Sunset Builders & Maintenance, we specialize in home renovations. We can turn and old bedroom or spare space into something completely different – we can transform this room into anything you want it to be!
We wanted to share some renovation ideas with you to use for a spare home or space in your home:
- Have a lot of clothes and accessories? Turn a spare room into a large closet. Install shelving, racks, and poles to organize all your clothes. You’ll have so much space!
- Designate this room to be a kids-only play room. Install shelving for books and toys. Paint the walls with chalk paint, so the kids can draw on the wall without it being a problem!
- Design a library. Build book shelves into the walls and install reading lights. Bring in comfortable reading chairs. This will be a great place to relax!
- Create an arts and crafts room. Design cabinets and counter space for you to make all your art and store all your equipment and supplies.
- Design a game room. Install a TV into the wall. Install outlets and USB ports all around the room. Bring in a pool table, arcade games, video games, and more!
- Install a bar or butler’s pantry. In this room, you can store all your kitchen supplies and bar supplies and mix drinks and snacks, so you’re not in the way in other rooms of the home. If the space is big enough, you can have friends and family sit around for a cocktail specifically in this room.
- Turn the room into the laundry room. If the spare room is on the second floor, this will make doing laundry so much easier!
Have an empty, spare, sad-looking room? Change it up! The possibilities are endless with what you can do. At the end of the day, if you want to make it be another bedroom, we can help you renovate that too! We are here for all your home renovation needs.
At Sunset Builders & Maintenance, we do home renovations, including bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, dining room, home office, and more, in Sanibel Island, Fort Myers and surrounding Southwest Florida areas. Call us at 239-233-2152 or click Fort Myers home remodeler page to view some of our remodeling projects and learn more. We look forward to hearing from you!