Do you have big, family dinners? Do you like to entertain? If so, you probably spend a lot of time around the table in the dining room. The dining room is a place for gathering, feasting, socializing, and making memories. Although you’re probably focused on the food and company, you want the room you’re spending time in to feel inviting and comfortable.
If your dining room is outdated, too small, or run down, you probably don’t like to bring guests in the room. This room, like all the other rooms in the house, is an extension of you, so it should be styled and designed as you’d like it. Sure, it may not be as frequently used as the kitchen, living room, or bathrooms, but it is a room that has a purpose, and it should not be forgotten.
Our renovation team at Sunset Builders & Maintenance wanted to share with you some ideas on how you can make your dining room a stand-out room that reflects your tastes, size needs, budget, and style.
- Install molding on the ceiling and walls for texture and design elements.
- Paint an accent-color wall to add some drama or fun to the room.
- Install a sound system in the room so you and your guests can listen to music while you eat and talk.
- Build a window seat for adding seating and a unique design element to the room.
- Install built-in shelves and wine racks into the walls for storage and to save space in the room.
- Design rounded archways to enter the room for a unique look.
- Remove doors to give the room a more open, spacious look.
- Install a chandelier over the table that reflects your style whether it’s modern, vintage, glitzy, minimalistic, or country.
- Install a large mirror in the room to make the room appear larger.
- Build a closet in the room to store linens, silverware, tableware, glassware, etc.
- Install a dimmer to control the light in the room – different events require different light settings.
How do you envision your new dining room? We are eager to hear your ideas and have the skillset to make your ideas come to life. Our team will work with you from concept to the finish to build the ideal dining room to fit your life.
We do home renovations, including bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, dining room and more, in Sanibel Island, Fort Myers and all surrounding Southwest Florida areas. Call us at 239-233-2152 or click Sanibel home remodeler page to view some of our remodeling projects and learn more. We look forward to hearing from you!