Ready to get started renovating your kitchen? We’re here to help! At Sunset Builders & Maintenance we are experts in kitchen remodeling. We wanted to share some information with you to help you get started with the planning of your kitchen renovation.
First, decide the scope of work. Think about your budget and your wish list. A designer and/or contractor can help you develop you scope of work while also being realistic.
Here are some things to think about with your kitchen remodel:
- Are you adding square footage to the kitchen? Using the exact space? Or moving the kitchen all together?
- Do you want to move the sink and/or other plumbing or gas-line based appliances?
- Do you want the kitchen to open into another room?
You want to get pricing information upfront to help you plan and stick to your budget.
In your scope of work:
- Set a rough budget.
- Create a wish list of everything you want from new appliances to lighting to countertops.
- Be detailed. The more detail the better.
- Show contractors and designers photos of kitchen designs that you like to help them visualize your wants.
Research designers, architects, and contractors – decide who you need to hire for this job. Look at their portfolios and read reviews. Ask if you can visit job sites to see other projects. Check their references. Have these professionals check out your kitchen go give you rough numbers.
These are just the beginning steps of your kitchen renovation process, but they are important to get the project up and running within your budget and for your needs.
We can’t wait to hear about your kitchen renovation ideas.
At Sunset Builders & Maintenance, we do home kitchen renovations, bathroom renovations, home maintenance, and more, in Sanibel Island, Fort Myers and all surrounding Southwest Florida areas. Call us at 239-233-2152 to get started, or click Sanibel kitchen remodeling page to view some of our remodeling projects and learn more.